Friday, April 10, 2009

'Parks and Recreation' - Open For Public Comment



So, as I posted on my Facebook , I liked but didn't love Parks and Recreation .

In the interest of full and brutal honesty with you, dear reader, I have to admit that I wasn't really sold on the U.S. The Office after their pilot, either (yes, this shames me now). Fortunately, I watched the pilot and the second episode back to back when they reran them on CNBC. After the 'Diversity Day' experience, I was a believer.

I'm thinking I'm going to need probably some more time with P&R, as well. More than I gave The Office, though because it'll probably need more time to (hopefully) differentiate itself because The Office was so drastically different from anything running on broadcast TV. Leslie Knope seemed a little too much like a female Michael Scott with her boundless optimism but it was funny. Aziz Ansari was hilarious and I'm not sure what to make of Rashida Jones' character.

My favorite line came from Nick Offerman as Leslie's boss, Ron Swanson: "I would much rather be working at Chuck E. Cheese." Who wouldn't?!?!

So, I give Parks and Recreation my full endorsement (until I change my mind).

No comments:

Post a Comment