Saturday, April 25, 2009

To Whom it May Concern


The following behaviors / items must be eradicated:


Leaving shopping carts in the parking lot - Proof positive that we are the laziest people in the world. Seriously. Can you not walk 20 feet? Today's free tip: If it's that hard for you, then ALWAYS park next to a cart return!




Packing peanuts - Working on a short story, spending time with my kids, cleaning my garage. What do these seemingly disparate activities have in common? They're all things I'd rather do than spend an hour picking individual packing peanuts out of my lawn. Please, folks. You can't just dump a box full of loose foam chunks into your garbage dumpster.






  • Poorly performing lanscaping companies - Before you give a job to the lowest bidder, remember that there's a reason they're the lowest bidder.




  • Whole iceberg lettuce on hambugers - This insanity must stop. Nothing ruins a good burger faster than biting into tasteless, watery chunks of white iceberg lettuce. Plus, the slabs require to you to open your mouth an extra 1-2" which isn't always physically possible. Please, burger proprietors, if you can't use shredded lettuce, provide an alternative like green leaf or even
    arugala .

2 comments:

  1. I do! I find a cart return to park by, even if it's at the back of the lot, just so that when I'm all done with my bags and kids, I can have the cart neatly put away. But it's more of an OCD thing than lazeiness, I think, for me anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I forgot how funny you are! I literally was laughing out loud. I have ALWAYS returned my cart at the store after being yelled at by a little old lady in Walterboro. Imagine my embarrassment as I stood there with my mission tag on. What a loser! Ever since....cart has been returned, even in bad weather.

    ReplyDelete